Veracruz Adventure Travel Trade Show
Born out of the 2011 Adventure Travel World Summit at which Mexico’s President Felipe Calderón emphatically supported responsible adventure tourism development for the nation, Mexico’s Veracruz will host ATMEX, its first international trade and consumer adventure travel fair featuring Mexico’s top adventure travel tour operators and destinations.
Set for September 5-9, 2012 at the World Trade Center of the coastal city of Veracruz, the trade portion of the inaugural event – designed by the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), the world’s leading adventure tourism trade organization – is expected to emerge as one of Latin America’s most important annual adventure travel events. Its aim is to create a learning environment for domestic operators, to help Mexican suppliers develop new partnerships with international buyers and media, and to stimulate responsible growth and sustainable development for Mexico and for the adventure travel trade worldwide.
ATMEX trade days (9/5 through 9/7) are tailored to attract and serve qualified international buyers from North America and Europe seeking direct access to:
- A dynamic business-to-business marketplace, with facilitated networking, featuring more than 150 of Mexico´s top quality operators ready to partner with export-ready product;
- Undiscovered, untapped and distinct product until now unavailable and seldom explored, except by domestic travelers;
- Suppliers delivering new stories, content and product, and that are raising standards, innovating, and mining new services for its partners;
- Leaders of Mexican industry, government, private sector, and NGOs already investing heavily in responsible adventure tourism and prepared to partner;
- A market-ready environment with heavy federal & state investment in marketing and promotion in adventure tourism and offering generous cooperative opportunities for buyers wishing to promote Mexico; and
- Increasingly influential Mexican travelers with buying power.
Watch ATTA Webinar: Travel Agents
– How to Specialize in Adventure Travel
FILL OUT FORM BELOW
Limited to 90 (ninety) North American and European international/outbound buyers. Selected buyers are eligible for free air and accommodations, as well as pre- and post-ATMEX FAMS to experience one of the world’s most prized and emerging adventure tourism destinations.