Travel, Tweets and Trends 2010
Representing the most current and comprehensive social media usage study yet conducted within the adventure tourism trade sector, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), Resmark Systems and Convince & Convert have released, Travel, Tweets & Trends, a study that explores opportunities, concerns and best practices about social media usage within the adventure tour operator industry.
Responses from a 23-question online survey have been gathered from over 250 tour operators across five continents. In this 41-page whitepaper, Jay Baer, one of the world’s most accomplished social media experts uncovers the answers to 9 key questions that every tour operator should be asking about social media.
- What is the appropriate role of Facebook in a social media strategy?
- What other social media outposts beyond Facebook should be considered?
- Is a blog a worthwhile social media endeavor?
- Is social media’s impact being measured appropriately?
- How much are tour operators spending on social media efforts?
- Is social media more effective than other online tactics like email marketing?
- What are the key objectives of social media participation?
- How important is video and YouTube?
- How many people in a company should be involved with social media?
Published in 2010