UNWTO Global Report on Adventure Tourism
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) jointly released a UNWTO Affiliate Member Report on Global Adventure Tourism. This is the first report published by the UNWTO on the topic of adventure tourism.
The ATTA worked with the UNWTO on this report to help educate the global leisure tourism industry on the core values of responsible tourism. The report allows all stakeholders in the industry to work from a common base of understanding in one of the most progressive forms of tourism, which both organizations believe will develop into the industry standard.
The report, an eight chapter overview of the current adventure tourism industry, provides a history of adventure tourism as well as a discussion of current trends and timely issues.
- Industry Introduction
- Global Trends in Adventure Tourism
- Adventure Tourism Industry Structure
- Local Economies, Communities and the Environment
- Adventure Tourism Operational Standards and Certifications
- Risk Management in Adventure Tourism
- Sector Challenges, Opportunities, & Initiatives
Published in 2014