Ana Ines Figueroa
Born and educated in Salta, Argentina. A Certified Fitness Instructor, horsewoman and hiker; she developed a passion for travel while visiting Europe, Africa and the wonders of South America. Training for travel happened in the field, working as a guide and trip designer for many legendary international adventure and luxury travel companies. The research to write in both Spanish and English the texts for five photographic books provided a solid knowledge about Argentina and South America. Six years ago she founded Adventure & Landscape, that operates active trips for quality travelers. She is also a speaker at many travel events focusing on the relationship between local communities and the adventure travel world. She has provided training to Andean communities for them to create their own products and work with the tourism industry.
- Guiding and trip planning in Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru since 2004 for direct clients and for international tour operators.
- Founder and Director of A&L an adventure travel tour operator in Argentina.
- Ground operator in NW Argentina for overseas adventure travel companies.
- Location scouting for documentaries the NatGeo Channel and FoxSports.
- Member of the working group that created the Guide Qualification and Performance Standard and representative for Argentina on the Governance Board.
- Graduate Fitness Instruction – CENARD 1993
- Certified by Reebok on fitness training techiques – 1994 and 1998
- Certified Tourism Environmental Impacts Assessment UNSA 2009
- Ecotourism Management in Protected Areas UCASA & Montana University 2010
- Certified Wilderness First Responder – WFR – AAETAV 2015
- Certified in Search and Rescue – SAR – AAETAV 2015
- Leave No Trace, awareness trainer – 2016
- Tourism Business Management – UES21 – 2012 (and ongoing)
- Speaker at Matter by Pure! LifeExperiences, Marrakech, Morocco 2016
- Speaker at AdventureNEXT, San Luis Potosi, Mexico 2016
- Speaker on the Sustainability Panel at ELA by LATA, London, UK 2017
- Speaker at ATWS, by ATTA, Salta, Argentina 2017
- New destinations: creating products
- Guide training
- Local communities, engaging with the travel trade
- How to improve the quality of existing travel products
- Customer service
- Entrepreneurship/startups/creating your own business