FAQs Table of Contents:
Who we are
- The ATTA is a privately held, for-profit industry trade group that serves to network, educate, professionalize, and promote the adventure travel industry. We succeed by serving our members and advancing responsible, sustainable adventure travel practices.
- We bring together business members of the adventure travel community, providing networking opportunities year-round, industry best practices, business insights and tools, discounts on travel and business solutions, and access to premier media.
What we believe
- The ATTA is a community of adventure travel believers. We believe travel, when done responsibly, safely and respectfully, can be a catalyst for positive change for communities, the environment, wildlife, and culture.
- We uphold community values, but do not certify or regulate our members. All members sign our Values Statement.
What we do
- Our primary goal is to help your business grow and give you access to a global adventure travel community.
- Joining the ATTA helps your business grow, introduces you to the best and brightest minds in the industry, and allows your business or organization to have a bigger impact by collaborating on a collective purpose. Additionally, your investment in the ATTA helps us to pursue initiatives to drive industry-wide growth and responsible travel practices.
- We are a 100% remote/virtual company with team and members located all over the world.
- Established in 1990, the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) serves more than 1300 member organizations in 100 countries worldwide. Members predominantly include tour operators, tourism boards, specialty agents, media members and accommodations with a vested interest in the sustainable development of adventure tourism. The ATTA delivers solutions and connections that propel members towards their business goals and the industry toward a responsible and profitable future.
Why join as a member
- Grow your business in the adventure travel industry through networking, partnerships, knowledge and resources
- Gain valuable industry knowledge through online courses, webinars, in person training, and events.
- Access research reports about the adventure travel industry
- Professionalize yourself or your business in the adventure travel industry
- What membership opportunities are available?
- Community Membership
- Community Membership is a free opportunity for individuals to join the ATTA and learn from the leaders of the industry, stay in the loop on current industry news, jobs and best practices.
- Benefits: Community Members receive access to AdventureTravelNews articles, educational webinars, an industry-specific job board, and invitations to free networking events around the world.
- Community members do not get access to the member networking platform The HUB, nor discounts on events, or online courses.
- Learn more and sign up here.
- Professional Membership
- Professional Membership is for individuals building business skills and includes access to the member networking site The HUB, free research and webinars, plus steep discounts on online courses.
- Professional members do not get listed in the public facing online directory, do not get member badges, nor discounts to events.
- This membership option is for one person only.
- See full list of benefits here.
- Business Membership
- Business Members receive the same resources, tools and educational opportunities as Professional Members, but their benefits also include brand exposure, company listings in online directories, ATTA event discounts, and other exclusive opportunities for brands.
- Membership applies to multiple people within the organization
- The price for one year varies by company type. Find your company type and see the full list of benefits here.
- Can I have multiple brand names listed under my membership?
- ATTA policy is that one brand can be promoted per membership. For marketing and PR companies that promote multiple brands, the brand being promoted must also be an ATTA member. If you represent multiple member brands, contact us to learn about how to manage multiple HUB accounts.
How do I access my membership benefits?
- Member benefits are accessed through our members-only site, The HUB . You can find a list of benefits available under the All Benefits tab in the HUB.
- What is the cost of membership and is it annual?
- When is payment due?
- Membership fees are paid annually. You can join at any time and your renewal payment will be due one year from the day you join. You will receive an email when you join that contains a membership expiration date. You will also receive renewal notification emails prior to that date.
- How can I check to see if my membership is still active?
- Business Members: You can check our Active Members listing to find your business membership listing. If your membership has expired, your business will not be listed on this page.
- When does my membership expire?
- Membership fees are paid annually. You can join at any time and your renewal payment will be due one year from the day you join. You should have received an email when you joined that contains a membership expiration date. You will also receive renewal notification emails prior to that date.
- Can I get a refund for my membership?
- You can learn more about our refund and cancellation policy
What is the Adventure HUB?
The Adventure HUB, also called “The HUB’,’ is the ATTA members-only social networking website where members post photos and videos, engage in industry-affecting discussions, and network with peers, media, and more from around the globe – all year long. The HUB is also how members access their membership benefits and a comprehensive, interactive membership directory.
How do I get access to The HUB?
HUB access is reserved for Professional and Business Members only. HUB access is not included in Community Membership. To learn more about membership opportunities and benefits, please visit our Membership page.
If you are a Business or Professional member, you can click here to create your HUB account. Please note that a HUB account is not automatically created when your membership is activated. Because The HUB works like a social networking website, you and members of your team will need to each create your own individual accounts to access The HUB.
I just paid my membership fee, but I am having issues accessing the HUB
If you just joined as a Professional or Business Member, it can take up to 24 hours to process and activate your membership. You will receive a welcome email from us with confirmation of your membership when it has been processed.
Tip: You may want to add [email protected] to your contacts, so that the email does not get filtered as spam.
Once you receive your welcome email, you can sign up to access The HUB here. Please note that a HUB account is not automatically created when your membership is activated. Because The HUB works like a social networking website, you and members of your team will need to each create your own individual accounts to access The HUB. Click here to create your HUB account.
Tip: Be sure to use your company email address when you sign up.
Can my employees or colleagues get access to the Adventure HUB?
Business Membership grants HUB access to all employees of the member company. Membership benefits are granted to the organization as a whole and then accessed via individual HUB accounts. If you would like to sign your employees or colleagues up for the HUB, send them this link and ask them to create their own HUB account with their personal company email address.
Individual memberships like Community, Professional and Travel Advisors allow for only one person to have a HUB account.
Can contractors and service providers have access to my HUB account?
Yes, your marketing or PR contractor can create a HUB account to promote your brand. Contact us to add them to your account.
How do I find my company login information?
Member benefits are granted to the organization as a whole and then accessed through individual HUB accounts. Therefore, a company-level login is not required. See above to learn how to access the AdventureHUB.
I am having issues accessing the HUB.
- I already have a personal HUB account but I can’t remember my login information
- My company is a member but I don’t HUB access yet
- If your company is an active Business member, you can access the HUB by creating a personal HUB account here. Be sure to use your company email address.
- I am not sure if I have a HUB account
- You have a HUB account when you sign-up for HUB access and create your own unique login information. HUB accounts are not created for members when they sign up. Members must create their own HUB accounts to access the HUB. If you are an active member, but haven’t created your HUB account yet, you can do that by signing up here.
- If you are unsure if you have created one in the past, you can try your log-in information and email You will get an error message if we have no record of your email address. If you get that error message, you can just sign up here as a new member. If we do have your email address on record, you can then just reset your password here.
- I think my membership expired–how can I renew my membership?
- Contact your regional Community Lead here.
- I am an active Professional or Business member, but I am still having issues accessing the HUB.
- We apologize for this inconvenience. Please let your regional Community Lead know and we will work quickly to resolve this issue. Find your regional Community Lead here.