This journey takes us through central Madhya Pradesh, meandering along the Narmada River, a lifeline of Central India. Learn how the fates the historical towns of Indore, Maheshwar, and Mandu are intertwined with this river. Empires came and perished for control of this holy river, second only to the Ganges River in sanctity. Along the way, we bike through the jungle, hike to the top of a fort, and boat on the river. We stay in three different places where history, nature and modernity collide.
Starting in Indore, we travel to Sailani where we experience the rich biodiversity of the Narmada. From there we go to the historical town of Maheshwar, staying in a heritage fort. Last we go to Mandu, home to one of the largest forts in India and the Jahaz Mahal (Ship Palace), before ending up back in Indore. A final transfer brings us to Bhopal, the location of AdventureNEXT.
- Hike up to India’s Madu fort and marvel at its architecture
- Bike through the jungle with an eye out for wildlife
- Boat across one of the holiest rivers, which sprang from the body of Shiva
- Interact with local artisans, Maheshwari Weavers and Bagh Printers
- Stay in a historic fort run by one of the erstwhile rulers of Central India
- Learn from naturalists and historians of the Narmada
November 29, 2018: Arrive to Indore (IDR), Madhya Pradesh by 10:00 am from Delhi or other connecting city.
December 6, 2018: Depart Bhopal (BHO) anytime, or proceed with post-adventure itinerary, or your own independent arrangements.
Operator: Renok Adventures