Not for Tourists
This May, discover a country rife with beauty and rich in culture. Here you’ll experience a metropolitan capital that pulses around an historic heart. You’ll trek into the wilderness to meet indigenous people living deep in the rainforest. You’ll take in the sights, smells and tastes of a coffee plantation that blends tradition with innovation. And so much more.
Join the ATTA for this weeklong excursion and get to know Panama from the bottom up and the top down as you snorkel, kayak, raft, hike and helicopter your way around the country. Along the way, you’ll have the chance to learn about the people, the culture and the land that make this place what it is.
- See Panama City from all angles as you tour the area on an Aquabus that takes you from the streets of the city to the waters around it. Then put on your walking shoes for a guided tour around Casco Antiguo, the historic heart of this cosmopolitan capital.
- Adventure into the lush cloud forest surrounding Baru Volcano, hiking through the mist, spotting waterfalls and keeping an eye (and an ear) out for myriad animals including howler monkeys, sloths and hundreds of species of birds.
- Take to the skies on a heli ride into Chagres National Park, an area covering around 300,000 acres of tropical rainforest, cut through by the Chagres River. Then trade your aerial view for an up-close encounter with the river, as you raft class II and III rapids.
- Glide through the treetops of the cloud forest at breathtaking speed, far above rivers and waterfalls as you zipline well above the forest floor. Then relax and take in the views at the end with a sweet cup of locally grown and crafted hot chocolate.
- Visit the renowned Panama Canal, getting a chance to spot wildlife as you both along the calm waters here. Plus, get a chance to see the historic locks in action from the Miraflores Locks Visitor Center.
Designed by adventurers for adventurers, AdventureWeek is a fully-hosted intensive familiarization trip (FAM), in which the ATTA has partnered with the country Panama to feature the best adventure travel products on offer. In addition to experiencing adventure travel in the destination, AdventureWeek participants — outbound tour operators, specialized travel agents and international travel media — meet with local operators and ground suppliers during a MARKETPLACE during the itinerary. A multimedia storytelling team will come along, too, to document the trip and promote Panama through photos and videos as well as social media exposure.